Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I had to know on Saturday if we won or not, so Sage's son goes to the U and she texted him and he texted her the score as soon as it ended and she texted me...... SO luckily I found out or I would have gone crazy. Doesn't sound like they played very well, but I am so glad they won. We get to watch it at President's house after we email and I am excited to watch, but not until the third quarter when we actually decide to score. The AP, who is a huge byu fan, made a bet with me that whoever wins, the loser has to buy the other lunch at 5 guys. I am excited to rub it in his face. I have been representing by wearing red the whole weekend.
GOOD NEWS!!!! WE ARE STAYING IN TORRINGTON FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! When Sister Allen and I found out, we were jumping for joy! Our ward was extremely excited as well, it is really cool to see a ward that loves sister missionaries as much as they do. They all treat us like family and we love them so much.
So last P-Day, Ellie's mom, Sage did mine and Sister Allen's hair and it was so much fun! We just hung out at her salon all day and just talked about tons of fun, random stuff so it was so great. She gave me this cool straightening treatment so that when I blow dry my hair, it is straight and I don't have to straighten it. It will make my hair healthy again!
We had exchanges this past week, and Sister Green came to Torrington and she has the most beautiful voice! I kept asking her to sing because it was so pretty. She sang Homeward Bound by Mormon Tabernacle Choir and it was unbelieveable. It is incredible how music can bring the spirit so strongly and quickly. We sang in all of our appointments together and she said she always does that even with investigators because the spirit can testify strongly when singing. It was a really neat experience because I actually sounded good when singing with her haha.
On Wednesday, it was my 99th day on the mission, so it is tradition to go to a restaurant called 99. So Sister Allen and I went and had a fun dinner. Our waiter asked us if we were nuns in training. Surprisingly, that question pops up a lot. It is crazy to think that I have been out this long.
On Thanksgiving, we went to Ellie's house, and the food was incredible! Sage is an amazing cook and she makes EVERYTHING from scratch, so needless to say, we were stuffed and everything tasted perfect. We were there all day and were lucky enough to watch UP and so I was more than happy. I love that movie, I cry everytime I watch it. I started laughing at the many parts that Timmy, Patrick and Alex quote and I miss that. It was a perfect Thanksgiving with relaxing and hanging out with Ellie and Sage.
We met with Bill again and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. He goes, "I already knew all this, you guys just kinda laid it out for me. And I am going there! (talking about the celestial kingdom). He is golden. His little grandson who is always at the restaurant asked if we were coming back the next day. We told him next week and he was really excited for us to come. It is interesting how children are always drawn to us because we have the Holy Ghost with us and they love that. Mosiah 3:27
Sunday was quite interesting..... It started off good, Monique came to class and everything was great until her daughter, Hannahrose, had to go to the bathroom. SO they came and got Monique and after she came out of the bathroom she threw a huge fit because she didn't want to go back to class. So I took her back to class and Monique said someone had given her a dirty look because she was black..... So she then went and sat on the couch and said she was never coming to church again because she was sick of being treated like crap. We tried telling her that whoever had glared at her didn't mean it and she didn't like that. We tried to talk to her but she was just furious. So we left her there and one of the members of the bishopbric (whom monique loves) came up to us to ask what was wrong. We didn't know what to do because there was nothing we could say that would make her feel any better. We prayed and he went to talk to her. While he was gone, I felt an overwhelming feeling of the spirit telling me everything was going to be ok. He came back a few minutes later saying that he talked to her and she was fine now. It was incredible to know that after all we could do, we turned it over to the Lord, and He blessed us with a confirmation that everything would be alright. We went to talk to her and she was crying and saying how sorry she was for how she acted and told us she loved us (which has never happened) and she would try to be better.
Later that night, the ward had a surprise party for Sarah, a recent convert, and it was so much fun! She was so excited and had never had a surprise party before. We were so happy providing happiness for her. I have realized on this mission that I am happiest when I am serving others.
Well, the work is great, and I am starting a new transfer with Sister Allen and we are excited to work hard!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment