Friday, September 16, 2011

Blasted Mosquitos!!





So we got a call saying a member from the Rhode Island stake wants to know what it is like to go on a mission, so she is coming to spend 4 days with us this week to see what it is like! I think it will be fun, and interesting I guess. It is funny, because every area I have been in, on the second transfer we get a third sister in the mix. It is always fun to be in a trio for a little bit.
Every week we give service at this church that gives food to people who need it, and B comes with her saxophone every week and plays. So, I got on the piano and played the similar hymns we both knew and everyone loved it! It was so cool! Anyway, that is what the picture is of. I found it interesting how many hymns are in our hymn book that were in her hymn book.
So Sister Halverson and I were running one morning and came up to sutton ave and people were lined all across the sides cheering us on. Yes, I was a bit confused, so we ran to the sidewalk and asked this guy what was going on. He said it was the "Pin Mass Race" or something like that and that Lance Armstrong was going to be riding through any minute. Well, I never thought anyone famous would ride through our little town of Oxford! So we sat ourselves down and waited.. and waited... and realized we needed to go get ready so we had to leave... Sad day, but I guess he rode through after we left! Pretty cool stuff.
Lauren is doing amazing! She is still on for this Saturday, and she is so excited to get baptized! She absolutely loves everything about the church and wants to be involved in everything! It is so great when someone is ready for the gospel, the Lord blesses them with hearing it. SHe got together with an old friend and told him about the gospel, and now he is interested! So great!!
So the other night I got a text from Manchester saying that Sister Jacob broke her foot playing speed ball and that she has to go home for surgery. So I tried calling and they didn't answer so I figured they were joking. NOPE! She was at the hospital when I called so there was no service. I found out she was being serious when they stopped at our apartment before transfers and I saw her foot wrapped up in a cast. I instantly started crying haha. It was really hard saying see ya to sister jacob because I wasn't planning on her leaving. It was terrible! It is amazing how close I get to the people I meet out here on my mission. I love the people out here.
Have a great week!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA

No comments:

Post a Comment