Monday, April 4, 2011

DELTA GAMMA!

Well, I decided we can start with the most exciting story first....
So this past week I went on exchanges with Sister Allen which was AWESOME!! It was so much fun to be able to serve with her again. AHH I loved it!! We really have so much fun together and we teach so well together. Anyway, she is in Storrs, Connecticut, and she wanted to show me something cool that was there. So I am just chillin while we are driving, and I look over to where she is taking me and I see the most beautiful greek letters I have ever seen. WE WERE AT THE DELTA GAMMA HOUSE AT UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKED OUT! I was so excited!! She took me to "The Village" (UCONN's version of Greek Row) and I was so excited! Their greek row is a circle and all the houses are all identical like town homes based around this park area. Such a cool idea. So of course we go up to the DG house, and I knock all excited and this adorable girl lets me in and gives me a tour of the house. It was an adorable house! They said the Sigma Chi's there were the best frat, I guess that is the same wherever you go. Right next to them were the Pi Phi's and she said they were cool too. I was in heaven! I got pictures and the girl was so cute! No one was really there because it was during class but it was still cool. LOVED IT. I will be sending pictures home of that.
Anyway, this week was Patrick's baptism interview, and he passed and Sarah's is this week. They are both set to get baptized on Saturday and I am so excited! There is nothing better than when we are reviewing the baptismal interview questions and they answer every question right and they are so happy about it. I always smile so big that I can't ask the next question haha.
Herrod came to conference with his two friends, Miguel and Arnold. They all loved conference and can't wait until next sunday to come to church. Miguel is from Jamaica and has dread locks, he is so cool. He goes, "I donno where ya'll are gonna be next sunday at 1 but i am gonna be right here in this church!" So funny.
Conference was of course incredible. There were so many talks that spoke to me and I just loved it.
The work is going so well and things are progressing! Sister Green leaves this week to go back to Southbury, so that will be sad but she will love training the new Sister Carpenter.
I love you all!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA

No comments:

Post a Comment