Monday, May 16, 2011

Yay for a legit week!

Well, this past week was so great! Let me start with Saturday even though it was the end of the week. P and S were both baptized and everything went perfectly! I felt so much joy in knowing they were so happy and felt so clean. I am so grateful for the blessing of baptism and this gospel! S told us she didn't want to shower because then she would wash the baptism water off. Haha so cute. It was such a wonderful morning, the talks were great, and they were both so happy. Now P and his wife are working towards being sealed in the temple with their two children. They are so happy and excited for the next step. I am so grateful for eternal families!! They were confirmed yesterday and the spirit was so strong. We had 6 investigators come to church!!!!!! The work is just picking up so much and progressing incredibly. We are being blessed here in Manchester.
Last night we had the Missionary Musical Fireside in the Rhode Island Stake and that was incredible. All of the songs had to do with Christ so the spirit was incredibly strong. When we sang I could barely get it out because it was so powerful. It is amazing how quickly the spirit comes when music is involved. We are singing in the Hartford and New Haven Stake next month which will be great.
There was a really neat moment last week when we were giving S her final interview questions. I guess I never realized how much we meant to her through this whole process. We asked her if things have been getting better lately. She told us how we mean so much to her and without us and the gospel she wouldn't have been able to get through what she has been going through. She said how she hoped we would never leave and she is so grateful for the ward. She has been meeting with missionaries for years now but finally decided to make the step of baptism. I now know why I was sent to Manchester. S has a very special place in my heart. It is interesting how when we first met her she was very standoffish and then once we let her know we were there to serve her and help her and she felt the spirit, everything changed. I was talking to an elder that was in Manchester before us and I told him that Sarah was baptized and he couldn't believe it. She wouldn't even let them into her home. It is incredible how the spirit can work on people. Her name is S Elizabeth by the way. I thought Annelise might like that. Like I said, she is very dear to my heart now.
We had transfers this past week and Sister Green went back to Southbury with the new sister Carpenter. She is way cool and very outgoing. The sisters in this mission are very different from most sister missionaries. It was sad to see Sister Green go, but she will have a lot of fun in Southbury. All of the sisters (6 of us now!) sang at transfers and we sang Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy to the tune of Come Thou Fount and it was so good. We have an elder who can play Ike Egan style to anything you tell him even if he has only heard it once. So he played this gorgeous arrangement and it turned out way legit. The spirit was so strong. The words to that hymn are so incredible and perfectly describe missionary work. I suggest everyone should read the words to Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy!
Well, I love you all and hope all is well!
Love,
Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment