Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Charlie's Angels



The other day this lady says to us, "You three look like Charlie's Angels!!" A few days later, a guy in our ward says, "You three look like Charlie's Angels, but that isn't very fitting, so what is your mission president's name? We will change it to Evan's Angels!"
So the nickname has stuck. Now everyone in our building and some of the ward members do it. Kinda funny, but we don't go around killing people. We try to do the opposite.
Yesterday was Juan's baptism and it went so well. He was glowing and so many of the ward members supported him. The ward is so great with support out here.
It was Sister Irizarry and my last Sunday and it was a neat day. SO many wonderful testimonies were given and the Spirit was strong. I love this ward so much, they have become my family.
On Friday we received a call from a guy named Mike that we had been teaching a month ago, but he stopped answering our calls. So when I picked up the phone to see he was calling, I was surprised. I answered and he seemed surprised that it was me. He then told me he didn't mean to call me but that he felt it didn't happen for no reason so he decided to meet with us. So we met with him the next day at a Papa Gino's and had an incredible lesson. He said he made some bad decisions and knows he needs to come closer to Christ. We felt we needed to comitt him to baptism right there so we did. He was hesitant so we asked him to pray right then and there if he should be baptized. He said that he hadn't been feeling the spirit because it was so hot in the restaurant and he feels it when he gets goosebumps. So he prays right there and he ends and says, "It is hotter than HECK (modified) in here and I still got goosebumps. I need to be baptized. I like the number 22, how about march 22?"
March 22 it is. What a great end to my week.
See ya'll on the flip side.
Sister Cannon.
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment