Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lil's first letter

Here is a shortened version of Elizabeth's first email:

I am starting with a funny story. So I am on the bottom bunk and to hold the top bunk up, there is this bar that kinda hangs low. So last night I woke up in the middle of the night and shot up and smacked my face on the bar. Hahahahahhaha it hurt sooooooo bad but it was so funny. no one noticed until this morning when I woke up and my entire eye was swollen. Pop eye is my nickname today.

I officially did my own laundry today.

Ok so I hate to say this, but I love it here. I constantly have the Holy Ghost bearing witness that this gospel is true and that I am out here for a reason. I have been so incredibly blessed with everything here. When I walked in with Aubree, we were together until I found my companion and she is so awesome so I am so grateful for that. I thought for sure I would have such a hard time, but my companino has been so caring and thoughtful that I have been great.

I have had so many incredible spiritual experiences out here. I never thought it was possible to feel the Holy Ghost 24-7 but it is. I was asking patrick and timmy what I could do to stay awake in class because I was having problems with being exhausted every day. The next day in class my teacher was talking about Joseph Smith and when he worked so hard and had the spirit with him at all times he was exhausted because it is spiritually exhausting. After a while he became used to the exhaustion and Oliver Cowdry was always so tired. Everyone thought he didn't feel the spirit, but Joseph said that he was just used to it and Oliver hadn't gotten used to it yet. So the reason we are so exhausted is because we aren't used to having the spirit with us all of the time yet and we aren't used to the spiritual work. It was so great to have my prayers answered as well.

I love the atmosphere here. No one ever has anything bad to say about anyone.

I am so grateful I am on this mission. I miss you guys all so much.

Love, Princess Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment