Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Month!

Hello Family!

Well, my one month was 2 days ago and I can't believe it! I feel like it has gone so fast but at the same time so slow. It feels like forever since I have been home but last week FLEW by! Here are some awesome things that happened last week.

First off, the COOLEST thing happened!!!! So we went to eat dinner and give a lesson on monday night at a couple's house named the Tillinghast's. They are a newly wed couple of a year and their story is so cute. This is both their second marriages. Well, come to find out, she moved from L.A. because oh no big deal she was CHRISTINE IN PHANTOM ON BROADWAY!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I FREAKED!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!! I couldn't even begin to tell you how happy I was! She sang "wishing you were somehow here again" for me and I was the happiest person on the planet. My comp thinks I am psycho because I am obsessed with her now. She converted about a year ago and turned down wicked (she would have played Glinda) to get married and move out here. Wow. It was seriously the coolest thing!!!! It was so ooooo cool!!!!!!!! I told her of the story where I sang in the car and everyone was pretending to kill themselves because I sounded so "good".

As you can imagine, it is even more gorgeous here because the leaves are starting to change even more. Just driving is so wonderful because the trees are everywhere and gorgeous!! One morning we ran to stillwater pond and it was completely gorgeous. I cannot even tell you how pretty it is here. It is starting to get cold though.

So we have an investigator that can't quit smoking and we asked him to come to church and he said no. So yesterday in the middle of sacrament, I hear someone whisper to us, and I turn around and he had come!!!! I was so excited! I never thought I would be so happy for someone to show up to church. I can tell you I am loving these people so much and am so happy when they choose to do the right things. We made a plan for him to cut down smoking and met with him and he said, "ya know what is funny, I was sitting here this morning and suddenly I could hear God saying 'ok mike, its time for you to stop smoking', so this is great that you have brought this". It is so wonderful that the Lord works through us to help others. Just another answer to someone's prayers.

So for our service, we get to go to the old folk's home and play bingo. It is literally the highlight of my week! I sit by Paul, Irma and helen. I can't remember if i told you this already. Anyway, their faces literally light up when we come! They love our company. So last week, they started singing this old song and they were all swaying and happy it was so funny. Helen always swears at me because she can never hear what I am saying. She will say TALK LOUDER I CANT HEAR WHAT THE H*** YOU ARE SAYING! Then ernie who sits at the next table says YOU ARE HURTING MY EARS TALK SOFTER! Then helen will swear at him. Lets just say no one likes helen. But for some reason she loves me. The people that everyone hates are always the people who for some reason love me.

Hope to hear from you all! Love you so much.

TAWANDA!!

Love, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment