Tuesday, October 5, 2010

TEMPLE!!!!!!!

Well, if you were all dilligent in conference, you would have heard the greatest news that they are BUILDING A TEMPLE IN HARTFORD CONNECTICUT!!!! I cannot even tell you the excitement we all had who were sitting in the chapel. We didn't even hear where the 5th temple was going, because we were all cheering and crying. It is funny that I already love this place and the people so much that I cried when the prophet announced where the temple was going to go. It is wonderful to see the spiritual members being blessed. They have wanted this for so long, and now they are going to get it. This makes me want to teach more and more so that people can enter the temple when it is finished. I am sad though because I most likely won't be here when it is finished.

Anyway, although I wasn't able to sit in my pj's with the family with T Ring and watch conference from the couch, I absolutely loved it and soaked up every word. When the prophet walked in, we all stood up and it was amazing the reverence that was present. I am so grateful for a living prophet. People find it so hard to believe that God would send a prophet here today, and it just makes me even more grateful for him. Right before conference, we were eating dove chocolates, and the saying inside the chocolate said "it is ok to slow down" and I thought on a mission its not! Then Pres. Uchtdorf told his talk about simplifying things and it hit home. It is good to think that we need to simplify our messages to people and slow down and get the basics down so we can teach others. So many wonderful talks were given, and I am so grateful to be here. I was also thinking of how grateful I am that in our family, every member has such a strong testimony of the gospel. This is so rare, as I have come to see while I have been out here and I am so grateful for that. You are all such great examples to me, and your testimonies are a reflection of what I want to be. I love you all so much.

So last monday we got to go eat at a members house and have FHE. They had 7 kids, all of them completely different and all very insane. There were 4 different conversations gonig on at the same time and I just laughed so hard because it reminded me of our family. I loved it, because it was us on sunday nights with kids running around everywhere.

Well, I had my first drop, and it is the worst feeling. He called and just said he didn't want to come to our church because he hates it when people cry haha. But still it broke my heart because he really loved learning about Christ, but he wanted a preacher typer person to teach him.

So we were at district meeting and we were doing car checks so the hoods on our cars were up and this lady pulled up and said do you need help? we said no becuase we were just checking cars. so she drove away, and I was like shoot why didn't we teach her? So she drives away, and we see her stop and turn around. she comes back and says, "so who are you guys? what is this building?(church building)" So of course the 2 elders closest to the car start talking to her about everything. She then turned on a carrie underwood song (temporary home) and started singing to the elders haha that was funny but then she started crying. She turned to them and said, "I know this is my temporary home." Elder Furness (went to brighton, ironic we are in the same district), turns to her and says, "can we help you get home and return to heaven with your Heavenly Father?" Tears streamed down her face and she said yes. So as you can guess they have an appointment with her this week. So amazing how events happen and we are where we need to be at all times.

Well I hope you all have an amazing week and I am so grateful for your emails! I love you all so much!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment