Monday, November 1, 2010

Good Good Life

Well, yesterday was the best Sunday and pretty much best day of my mission. Let me tell you the deets!
So first of all, we have been teaching Monique, and for the past 2 Sundays hasn't made it to sacrament. Every week we send someone to her house, but she never is ready or is sleeping, etc. So she called in the morning and said, "I think I missed the girl that is supposed to pick me up because I was walking my dog." Why she was walking her dog when her ride was coming, I don't have any idea. So we were frustrated. We told her we would try next week. SO we are sitting in sacrament, and in walks Monique, her daughter HannahRose and her ride that had just so happened to be late when going to pick her up. COMPLETE HAPPINESS!!! I couldn't contain my excitement! I was so happy that her and her daughter were there. I spent all of sacrament and sunday school keeping hannahrose occupied so that monique could have a good church experience. She loved it. Everyone was so nice to her, and she even started talking more because she is sooo quiet. I took hannahrose to primary and she was bawling haha I didn't know what to do! So we went into nursery and she was fine. We will see if I can slowly move her into primary and not need to stay with her. Anyway, we taught her plan of salvation, and she said, "I just don't think its fair. I have done so many bad things (child out of wedlock) that I can never make it to the celestial kingdom." Tears were coming down her face. She doesn't believe that her sins can ever be forgiven. It is so hard to convince someone of Heavenly Father's love for them and I realize how much I take it for granted. Heavenly Father loves us so much its incredible and I am so grateful for what he has done for me. We told her to pray to feel His love. I am kinda nervous how we will teach her next, because we can't really move on from that point. Anyway, I was just so excited she came to church.

Next, we went and visited a less active member named david dingee. He went through the temple with his wife, got divorced and is now at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Sister Thomas was extremely bold with him and told him that he made a covenant and he needs to be in church renewing his covenants and not doing the things he is doing. He told us he would try to come to church in November. So yesterday, guess who walks in... David! He said work was cancelled today and he didn't need to go in so he figured church was where he needed to be. It was so awesome, biggest surprise! The Lord works in wonderful ways!
Since we had 2 baptisms, there were so many non members there, I have never seen sacrament so full! It was crazy how many people there were! And sincce it was sister Thomas' last sunday, tons of people were there to see her too. Then Brother Florian asks me to give a closing prayer. I got this from mom but I HATE saying closing prayers they scare me to death!
Anyway, the best part, the BAPTISMS!!! Seriously both Ellie and Bradley were SO HAPPY AND EXCITED! It is incredible how much bradley has changed, and he just loves the gospel! His family came and he talked about how great it was that he is in a new home now with Susan rather than his old family who was a bad family..... AWKAWARD! Its ok though they should know they were bad parents.... Ellie's mom needs to get baptized. She is so awesome and just loves me. We are a lot alike, but she doesn't want to be sealed to her husband forever. She is pretty much a mormon without being a mormon if that makes sense.
Sister Thomas bore her last testimony and she talked about how we can choose to be happy with the gospel. It was so great to hear her talk about all of the happiness she has seen in people's lives from all of the work she has done. She is someone who never slacked off and worked hard her entire mission, and she never regretted anything. Since she was put in this area, there were 9 baptisms! Before that, they had 7 in the past 4 years with elders. TAKE THAT BROTHERS!!!! Haha just kidding, but really....
So really cool story. We had exchanges again this past week because sister Thomas went to the Boston Temple (you get to go your last week in the mission). Anyway, my companion for the day has been out 3 transfers now and when it comes to missionary work she is a mute. She was so talkative but the second we would teach or talk to someone she went silent. So it was perfect training for me to have a greenie. Anyway, we were leaving monique's home and I saw this guy playing football with a bunch of kids and I had a strong feeling that I should go talk to him. But he was way far away and I didn't want to yell across the parking lot, so I stood there thinking of what I could do to go talk to him. Suddenly he turned towards us and yelled, "you are missing all the fun!" So of course I was so excited that he was talking to us so I yelled, "CAN WE COME TALK TO YOU!?" Haha pure excitedness/stupidity. He was like sure? So I walked up to him and said, "Hey, we are missionaries, and we would love to come teach you about how you can come unto Christ." With no success all day, I didn't expect much, and he says, "Ya, I would actually like that. How about 12 tomorrow?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Haha I was like great! I have a great feeling about you! Creepy! He was like haha ok cool. Anyway, so we went and taught him and we are teaching him again this week. He was saying how he thinks a lot about what comes after this life. woo woo!!
The Reed Family. I think if anything could go wrong to this family, it has happened. They went from having everything to nothing in a matter of months. They were rich and he got injured so they lost everything blah blah blah. SO we had a referral to go talk to them and they pretty much said the only reason they have made it as far as they have was their faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They read the bible every day as a family and pray about others and are grateful for these trials because they have become closer as a family. We have an appointment with them on Friday nad I am so excited to teach them! I hiope that we can help them and they can become members! I love this family, they have so much faith!
So I get my greenie tomorrow, and I can't wait to tell you how she is next week. Wish me luck on my training! Love you all so much!
TAWANDA!!
Love, Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment