Monday, November 1, 2010

ESPN

Here is a postcard that Lil sent home of her and her companion.

So, ESPN, located in Bristol, Connecticut, is about a half hour drive from our apartment. So, our district was able to go to ESPN and have a tour of it! It was so cool! I have some awesome pictures I am going to send home next week. The guy that gave us a tour was in charge of editing videos that are on the higher end of ESPN (coincidence? I think not!) So because of me, he took us to the main edting rooms where they edit the videos and stuff and showed me all of the stuff I loved to see. In his words, "your eyes lit up the second you walked into this room!" I was in heaven! I just wanted to sit down and start editing something! He was telling me about the cool ways they do stuff and I got to see where they make the highlight films and stuff. He was amazed at how much I knew and he was surprised because most people don't care about that stuff. I think everyone else on the tour was bugged because we had to go there haha. But it would be awesome to work there. I guess we saw a lot of famous athletes, and people from ESPN, but I didn't knkow any of them and I can't remember their names so ya. But I saw famous people... Speaking of famous people! Guess who lives in my area??? Whoopi Golberg, Andre Agassi, Brooke Shields and Suzanne Sommers! So we just might go tracting there sometime.... Hahah

So my comp leaves next week to go home on Tuesday. I am super nervous about training a new sister, because I feel like I just don't know enough! But, it will be such a good experience for me to put my faith in the Lord and work extra hard. I hope she is cool. Maybe I will sing to her in my pretty voice the first night so she can feel more comfortable. Who knows she may get lucky enough to see my crazy walk. We will see...

So we had exchanges this past week and I was able to spend 24 hours in Rhode Island! It was so cool! The area we were in was right on the beach, I hope I get to serve there sometime on my mission! I served with Sister Jacob, and she was so down to earth and chill. She had Mason Jennings playing and it was so legit. She found all of this music that is uplifting that isn't necessarily church and it counts so it was great to have a change in music.

So onto the spiritual stuff, we had met a girl street contacting and got a return appointment and she had boached us. So we kept going back to her house over and over and she was never there. Seriously we went so many times! But it was my first street contact so I didn't want to give up. Finally we went to her house and she was there! So we set up an appointment and met with her and talked to her about christ because she comes from a muslim background. Before we even finished the opening prayer, she was in tears! The spirit was incredibly strong, and it was such a wonderful moment. She said this is exactly what she needs and I am excited to keep working with her.

Onto Bradley. Bradley is a 14 year old boy who grew up with his parents abusing him and using him to sell drugs. Just a brief overview of how horrible his childhood was. So he is a foster child with his sister Morgan to Susan and Dean who are recent converts. Susan is the one who sent you that picture mom! Anyway, Morgan was baptized but Bradley just hadn't because he was not progressing and still doing bad things. Since I have been here we have worked really hard with him, and he has progressed so much that we asked him to be baptized. We were thinking it would be like January and he goes "YA! LETS DO IT ON SISTER THOMAS' LAST SUNDAY!" We were kinda hesitant because it was so soon, but he really wanted it so he met with President Pehrson, and he said Bradley was set to go!! Seriously I was so happy! He walks up to everyone and the first thing he says is, "I am getting baptized this sunday!" It is so great.. He is seriously so happy about it and can't wait! I seriously love that kid, because we have been through his conversion, and he really has changed in such a great way.

So everything is gorgeous here. I am so blessed to be in such a beautiful place!

Hahahaha so this is awesome. SO I have needed a haircut because I haven't had one and one night we were at the church teaching Sarah Starr a lesson and this 17 year old girl in the ward that is in the process of going to hair school was there. So, no big deal, my first haircut was in the church kitchen by a half learned 17 year old going to hair school...... DON'T TELL KEISHA SHE WILL KILL ME!!!! It was just a trim though and she did a pretty good job. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get my hair colored considering it is way expensive out here. Ellie's mom does hair so I might ask her. Who knows what my hair will look like! Such a change for me and my hair but so funny. Sister Thomas took pictures so I can send them home and everyone can document it.

Well, I don't have much else to say I don't think, but I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Princess Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment