Sunday, June 19, 2011

Don't stop Believen"!!

Well, I am sure you are all wondering why my title of the email is the way it is. Well, this week is "Pride in Manchester" week titled, "See why we're special", and let me just say, its a pretty big deal. There are events every day of the week, including the senior citizen's dance and the history of the Silk Worms Factory. And to top it all off, they had a "Journey Tribute" band come to the main street park and rock out. Some ask, "Is that really Journey up there?" I mean, could Manchester get any better? I submit that it cannot! I guess that is why it is called the city of Village Charm. Boy am I lucky!

Besides the excitement of Pride in Manchester week, we had such an awesome week! For Memorial Day, Sister Gilmore took us to Wickham Park and took our "Glamour Shots". She wants to email them to mom and dad. Haha she said I have a fake smile. That is why I like to stay behind the camera and take the pictures instead. We then had a BBQ at the church and played volleyball with a couple families in the ward. Then we went shopping with Emily and Jen which was a great way to end the holiday. It turned out to be a lot of fun!

We have been so blessed with all of our investigators and recent converts. B and K were able to get settled in Texas, and K called last night to tell us she had dinner with Heather and Nate. Seriously, we have been so blessed! Of course we know someone down there that they can be friends with. I am so grateful that the Lord puts people in our paths that we can help.

On Saturday, we had A's baptism and it went perfectly! He asked Sister Jacob and I to speak and I spoke on the Holy Ghost. It was great to reflect on all of the many ways I have been blessed with the Holy Ghost. We are so blessed to be given this gift when we are baptized. He looked so happy to be baptized! The spirit was strong, and it was great to see him so happy. His brother came who is 17 and we are teaching him now! We are excited to teach him about the gospel. I love how this family is coming together and growing stronger through the gospel. Save families!!

Yesterday was the day worth talking about. So let me start with Saturday night. We went to the familie's home that we go to every night to say a thought and prayer and they have been improving so much, but Saturday night was rough. There was so much contention and everyone was yelling and mad at each other. They had been working to go to church on Sunday, but they all didn't want to go anymore because they didn't want to be near each other. It was so hard because they have been doing so well! So we tried our hardest to listen to the Spirit to tell us what to do, and we calmed everyone down and said a prayer together. We left feeling unsure about what to do. So yesterday morning we went to their home and got everyone together and they all said they didn't want to come to church. So we went to their computer and showed them a video on Mormon.org titled "Look to the Light" (I suggest you all watch it, its like 5 minutes). It was evident the video brought the spirit and everyone was calm after. It was incredible. So, Tasha said, "well, who is ready for church?" We left with the hope that their hearts were softened. So we got to church and were sitting there and church had started and it was about 1:15 when in walks the whole family. I was so happy! The smile on my face was huge!! One of the daughters made fun of me after because I was so excited to see them. They looked so nice and had smiles on their faces. After the 3 hours were over, they were all happy that they had come and stayed the whole time. Their hearts were softened and we went over last night and they were all happy and admitted it was because of church they were doing so much better.

To top off the wonderful day, G came to church!! Today was fast and testimony meeting, so of course the whole time I am wondering what he is thinking. The meeting was a bit scatterbrained, and so I was nervous he didn't feel the spirit. I was just too worried about it and analyzing everything so I figured he wouldn't come back. Well, we met with him after church and we asked him how he liked it, and he said, "It was incredible. I can see how the people here live the gospel. I love the feeling I have here and I feel like I have found home." It was a humbling experience for me, because I shouldn't have been so nervous. I know that if someone needs to feel the Holy Ghost, they will. I was definitely wrong, and I am so grateful that he was able to feel "home". Needless to say, he is getting baptized at the end of this month!! I can't wait. It will be right before the merge of the missions, so it will be exciting!

This past week rocked, and I am excited for this next week! I love you all!

Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

1 comment: