Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer is DEFINITELY here!

Well, it is hot... VERY HOT!! But, since I complained about the freezing cold weather, I can't complain about the heat. AND since it is cold and rainy in Utah, I can't complain either. But, the humidity just might kill me, and it isn't even that bad yet! Or the mosquitos might eat me alive. One of the two... But I am not complaining, right?

ANYWAY, this past week was so great! We met many people who want to hear about the gospel; this area has so much potential! I just love it, this area is so great. It was interesting though, because we had so many return appointments that fell through and so we would go to our back up plan, and that plan was always what needed to happen. There would be someone we needed to see during that time that wanted to hear from us, even if they weren't looking for it. it is such a blessing to understand why some things just don't work out. Once that appointment cancels, or isn't there, we eagerly look for someone the Lord has put in our path. The Lord's timing is so great to see.

We had a training for all of the sisters in the mission at our Mission President's home this past week and that went so well. We talked about how we hold a great power and authority even though we don't hold the Priesthood. We also talked about how we can be humble and submit to the Lord's will. We have one thing to give to the Lord out here and that is our will. We can be a missionary or we can just be doing missionary things. It is up to us to decide if we want to just go through the motions or give our heart to the Lord and diligently work to find people who need to hear about the Restored Gospel. Needless to say, the conference was great for me to hear, because I know I need to work harder as a missionary.

So I don't remember if I told you about the G family yet, but they are a half english half spanish family so the spanish elders came out with us to teach them. So we get there, and the wife has been a little reluctant to listen to us, so I go up to her and say, "hello Jessica, how are you?" She then looks at me and says, "my name is JASMINE." Wow, I made that a better situation... NOT! I will take full blame for her not sitting in on the lesson. I need a good recovery for next week. Anyway, so us missionaries, Jose, and his mother in law came in and listened to the lesson. As the spanish elders were teaching, I felt like we were just the lame people in the corner who couldn't speak spanish. We needed to do something! So I prayed that the Lord would guide me to what I should do during this time. I was contemplating going to talk to J, and then suddenly one of their daughters, S, came over and sat by me. She is 11 and adorable. She turns to me and says, "can you tell me about the rapture?" So I explained to her about the rapture and Jesus Christ and the Resurrection and all of that fun jazz. So her and I got into a conversation about the gospel for the next 45 minutes and it was absolutely incredible. She was the smartest 11 year old I had ever met! She told me she wants to be a missionary and she sets up her dolls in her room and preaches to them about Jesus Christ. So cool! She also said she goes around inviting people to her church because she knows everyone needs to go to church. Incredible. So we talked to her about the Book of Mormon, and she was so excited to read it! She reads the Bible every day so she is going to add it to her "daily study". Jose said she is smarter than anyone he knows and will teach him everything about Jesus Christ. I am so excited to continue teaching this family! I love the ways that Heavenly Father answers my prayers and directs me to what I need to do so quickly!

We met with G and that went so well! He loves the Book of Mormon and "felt so good when I read it". Before we even asked him, he said he is coming to church this Sunday and finds everything we say fascinating. The Lord is just giving us so many people to teach! We are teaching him again this week.

So on Sunday, P received the Priesthood! He was so excited, and realizes how important the Priesthood is to him and his family. He told us his family has noticed such a difference in him and they aren't even members! He is setting a great example for them.

So I have really sad news. B and K, our recent converts, are moving to Texas tomorrow. I am so sad! BUT some crazy news is that they are moving to Dallas which I am pretty sure they are extremely close to Heather with what they described. I don't think that is a coincidence. So Heather can take on the missionary role and help them become comfortable with the church down there. They are so excited to meet her.

Life is great out here! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment