Monday, August 15, 2011

Boston on the 4th of July






Well, I suppose I will start out with the BEST news!
So since I am in Massachusetts now, we were allowed to go to Boston to watch the Fireworks for the 4th of July! How LEGIT is that?! So we left early in the morning and got into Boston and spent the whole day there. We started in Cambridge and of course visited Harvard. I love that place. So we are walking in Harvard Square, and this guy walks past us and a couple elders and I stop and look at each other and say, "do you know who that was?" So Elder Ficklin and I go running across the street after him and guess who it was???? RYAN FROM THE OFFICE!!!!! So this is the conversation...
Elder Ficklin: Excuse me sir? Sir?
Ryan: (Turns around after many 'sirs') Hey thanks for calling me sir, it makes me look good in front of the ladies.
E F: Hey we just wanted to thank you for what you do,we love the office.
Ryan: Hey ya, so where are you from?
Us: Utah, Idaho
Ryan: That is awesome, there is no better place to be on the 4th, where are you guys sitting?
Us: The Cambridge side
Ryan: Cool, I am too, maybe we will see you there!
Me: Thank you thank you!! (Don't ask me why I said thank you, he didn't even do anything, I was just FREAKING OUT!!!!!!)
We ran away jumping and smiling so big! The rest of our group just sat and watched the whole thing and took pictures from a distance. SO AWESOME!!!!
Anyway, we spent the rest of the day just seeing the city and having a blast. It was so fun to spend the day there. There was a ward that camped out right in the front and they had saved a spot for us missionaries so we got to sit in such good seats! The second we got there,they all asked us, if we wanted food or snacks or anything. The wards out here treat missionaries like gold! There were a couple people from Sandy too! They went to Brighton and were in Alex's grade. Pretty funny.
A couple of us were walking around and found a tennis court with people playing on it. One of the Elders in my district played first singles in high school so I turned to Elder Ficklin and said, "Maybe you should go ask them if we can borrow their racquets and play for a little bit." TOTALLY JUST KIDDING. So of course he goes and starts talking to them, they nod and stop playing and he comes back to us and says, "Hey I just told them that you two want to challenge them to a match. No pressure, you better not lose." My heart dropped. I haven't played in forever! So we go in and introduce ourselves and of course the church. They all said they were going to utah in the enxt couple weeks and wanted to see the temple. So we start playing them and while we are playing, Elder Ficklin teaches this other guy that was with them but sitting out the first lesson. He loved it and can't wait to see slc. I don't think it was a coincidence that all of this happened. I love how the Lord works. Oh, and we won the match by the way. They asked if we were professional hahah obviously they don't play much to think we were pro. But I did play very well considering i haven't played in a year. It was so legit!
Needless to say, the fireworks were incredible and the Sonic Boom at the end blew me away. What an EPIC pday.
I am grateful for this country because if we weren't a free country, Joseph Smith wouldn't have been able to restore the true church. What a great holiday to celebrate our country and religious freedom.
Love,
Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment