Monday, August 15, 2011

Nothing like a walmart greeter to make you feel empowered...



Well, the area of Oxford is great, one reason to celebrate is that the shudders on the apartment building I live in are bright pink. I thought it was quite fitting. It also brightens my spirits before I enter our un-airconditioned apartment. It helps us stay out of the apartment as much as possible.
Yesterday we had 4 baptisms of a family we have been teaching. Obviously I didn't do too much considering I have only been here for about 2 weeks, but it was exciting nonetheless. I love seeing families saved through the gospel. The dad of the family is not converted to the gospel yet, but I believe soon enough he will allow us to teach him about true happiness.
We have started to teach this sweet little girl named S and she is the definition of 3 Nephi 9:22. Her parents were inactive for a while but her father has started to come back and so has she. We set a date for July 31st so we are excited for that! Her dad is such a great guy. We were teaching her the plan of salvation and she wasn't quite understanding Adam and Eve, so her dad says, "S, remember in the Simpson's episode where Homer is Adam and Marge is Eve?" She told us every detail of the Adam and Eve story because of that episode. Who knew the Simpsons would be involved in our teaching lessons. Her mom isn't too interested in coming back to church, but she is such a great person. I really enjoy talking with her. She told me to not waste my time because she is a lost cause. That was not cool! I said, "YOU ARE NOT A LOST CAUSE! DON'T EVER SAY THAT." She probably thought I was crazy, but I think she likes my spasticness. I love meeting these people and helping them realize the love the Lord has for us. This work is so great!
Work is going to pick up in Oxford soon enough! It already has made huge changes since I have gotten here. I love you all, have a great week!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment