Monday, August 15, 2011

The Masseticut, Bosford Mission

Well, as of tomorrow, we will be the Masseticut, Bosford Mission. I bet none of you can say that cool name! But really, tomorrow is the merge, and I am getting transferred to Oxford, Massachusetts. We had p-day today to prepare for transfers rather than Monday. That was a strange experience! But that is the reason this email is so late.

Last Saturday was G's Baptism and of course it went perfectly! The water wasn't warming up and it reminded me of my baptism when the water heater was broken. G of course didn't mind because he was just so happy to be getting baptized. I remember myself on the other hand who cried because it was so cold and hated it. Quite the comparison, right? Anyway, the ward was extremely supportive, and there were many people there. The ward has done so well with fellowshipping him and making him feel part of the family. After his baptism, he bore his testimony, and it was incredible. He looked so happy! It is just amazing to see how the gospel changes people's lives and brings them HAPPINESS. The theme that everyone seemed to present at the baptism was the love that Heavenly Father has for us. Sister Gilmore talked about how there are 14, 486,767 members of the church and now he makes 768. She related this to the fact that he is a number, because God knows him individually and knows him and is proud of the decisions he is making. I loved that analogy.

In Sacrament on Sunday, they asked me to share my testimony because I was leaving and it is amazing how my testimony has grown so much of the Savior and His Atonement. To repent means to have a change of heart. I have learned that it can not only make bad people good, but good people better. I love the knowledge I have gained and the comfort it has brought me.

In relief society, a member of our ward came up to Sister Jacob and I and said this, "I just want you two to know that you made a difference in my life that you may not know of. Before you two came to my house when I was less active, no members of the church had come into my house. Ever since then, you have opened opportunities for other members to come into my home and my husband has been more open to it. You have made a difference in my life." It is interesting to hear stories like this where we had no idea we did anything, but it made an impact just to go and see her.

I am not going to lie, I am so sad to leave this ward. They have been so incredible and supportive of us. I have been here for almost 6 months so it is crazy to leave here. There is so much work to be done here, I hate leaving it undone. But, I am so happy with the work that we have done, and I know Sister Jacob will do amazing.

So some VERY good news! P (who was baptized in April) passed the sacrament!!! I was so excited! It is probably pretty hilarious seeing me when people progress in the gospel because I slightly freak out as much as I can in Sacrament Meeting. He has progressed so much and is doing so well! Him and T are working to go to the temple together and be sealed. I am just so proud of them and am so excited that the gospel is going to make their family eternal. We went to see them for my last time and it is always hard leaving these people we grow so attached to. They have become some of our closest friends out here in Manchester. It is good to know I will see them again as well as everyone else in the ward.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

1 comment:

  1. its true, we do miss you here in manchester ward greatly sister!

    ReplyDelete