Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mission Change!!

Well, listen to this CRAZY news. In fact I will just copy and paste the email from my mission president...

Dear Missionaries:

In a recent meeting of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, approval was given to discontinue the Connecticut Hartford Mission and realign the boundaries of the Massachusetts Boston Mission to include the area of the discontinued mission."

"The discontinuance of the Connecticut Hartford Mission will be implemented July 1, 2011."

Sister Pehrson and I are excited that you will be joining the Massachusetts Boston Mission under the leadership of President William T. Evans and his wife Sister Jan Evans. They are outstanding people and you will come to love, admire and respect them as you get to know them.

President Evans and I will be working closely together over the next several months to consolidate the missions. I know that you will respond positively to this change. I know it is the right action to take. As missions are integrated your opportunities will be many and I know that you will give President and Sister Evans your complete loyalty and support.

In the meantime we remain focused on our purpose. Our diligence for the work does not change. We move onward!

So, ya. As of July 1st, I will be serving in the Boston, Massachusetts Mission and the Hartford, Connecticut Mission will no longer exist. Patrick, I am sure you are freaking out right now, as am I! What if I serve where you served? CRAZY!!!!!
Anyway, the mission is going awesome. We were INCREDIBLY blessed this past week, I cannot even believe it! People are just showing up everywhere that want to be taught and learn more about the gospel. Today we were in a hair salon and this guy walked in that had been meeting with the missionaries, but just didn't understand what they were saying and didn't like the church. After we resolved his concerns and cleared up what he was confused about, he was craving more information and invited us over to his house for us to teach him. We just so happened to be there at that time. Incredible.
We were teaching one of our investigators, and he had concerns with people's examples in the church. He loves the church but not some of the people in it. So we talked to him about how we all have agency and some people do not use their agency in the right ways. The next day in church all of sacrament and sunday school was all about agency. It was a complete answer to his prayers, and he was so excited. I love it when Heavenly Father shows His love for us all of the time!
All in all this past week was just wonderful. We have been so blessed, and I am just wondering why he has blessed us so much! We have gotten more snow than I have ever seen and its gonna keep comin! This week we are supposed to get 6 inches of ice. What???
Love you all!!
Love,
Elizabeth
TAWANDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment