Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yay for weddings!

Well, this past week was quite an exciting one.
So we had a sister in our mission that was supposed to go to Brazil, but she didn't get her visa, so they sent her to our mission for a while. She was here for about 3 months and last monday we found out she got her visa, so she left to Brazil. As for her companion, President decided to send her to us, so now we are in a trio! So for 3 weeks, it will be Sister Jacob, Green and I. It has been a fun week with another missionary with us! We have our 3 beds crammed in our bedroom which is hilarious, because it is pretty much just one big bed because there is not any room.
So we have been very slow with investigators in this area, so I have been praying for more investigators. Well, we got them this past week! We ended up with 4 new investigators and a lot of potentials. The interesting thing about these wonderful people, is that they are probably the hardest investigators I have ever had to work with. I am so grateful for them and the experiences I am having with each of them. The Lord sent me investigators, and so I am happy with them!
So we were street contacting one day, and I had a feeling to walk across the street and knock on a door we had tried knocking on before. So we did, and waited a while, and suddenly we hear this guy yelling at us coming down the street. "JEHOVAH WITNESSES??" Over and over again. So I walked up to him and said we were Mormons, and he said, "well come on in sisters!" This guy who had been walking down the street at that time was the guy who lived in the house we were knocking at. His name is George and he told us about his life and how his daughter had died and he started to cry. We told him about how he can see her again and what he needs to do here on this earth. He was so excited, and wants to change his life, and said he wants to come to church. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost who leads us to where the Lord needs us.
The Lord is blessing me so much in this area! I am so grateful for the opportunities we have been given and all of the exciting things that are about to happen!
I love you all!
Love,
Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment