Sunday, March 27, 2011

This past week was legit!

Wow, this past week ROCKED! Let me expound.
So last Sunday we fasted to find more investigators for this area because it has been so slow, and every single day this past week, we found someone who wants to be taught. Heavenly Father blessed us with more than we ever asked for! I am so grateful for the blessings he has poured upon us. I am going to tell you about one experience. So one night, it was around 8:30 p.m. and we were both exhausted and visiting potential investigators. I was feeling discouraged thinking that everyone was asleep and no one was going to answer the door and my comp was feeling the same way. But we decided to just keep going hoping that someone would answer the door. So the next door we go to, we knock and this lady answers the door looking surprised saying, "Are you the Mormons?? Come in, my daughter is sick and I need you to pray for her!" So we went in and talked to her about everything that was going on and she was discouraged with life and just wanted an answer about which church was true. Then she said, "maybe you two are my answer." Her 4 children just loved us. They wanted us to hold them and wouldn't leave our side. I knew they felt the spirit that we had and loved that feeling. So we all knelt together and I said a prayer for their family and their sick little girl. I cannot even tell you how strong the spirit was in that prayer. I am so grateful for the power of prayer. I prayed that Rose (the mom) would feel comforted with everything and a lot of other things were said that I can't remember. So when I ended the prayer, Rose had tears streaming down her face and she said, "I know Heavenly Father sent you two to me tonight because I needed you." I felt such a powerful feeling as I left her house that night. I keep thinking about what if we had just given up and gone home, we would have never gone to her house. She is now listening to the lessons and can't wait to bring her children to church on Sunday. THere is no greater work than that of a missionary. I am so grateful that I am able to be a missionary in the Lord's hands.
So our stake was blessed enough to have Elder D. Todd Christofferson come to our Stake Conference yesterday and it was incredible. He talked about what we can sacrifice of ourselves for the temple that is coming here. How can we become more holy to enter the Lord's house? He also said this quote which I loved... "We are not strangers or guests, but children in Heavenly Father's home." I was able to shake his hand after the meeting and it was such a blessing. Needless to say the spirit was incredibly strong during the meeting. What a wonderful time to be on a mission with a temple coming to this area.
I love you all and hope everything is going well with wedding preparations! Woo Woo Weddings!!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment