Sunday, March 27, 2011

My purpose as a missionary is to be akward...

Hello Family!

Well, in accordance with my title, I have never had so many awkward moments on my mission. The best part is I get to live through them and think in my head, "that JUST happened." People are crazy and I love it.

Ok, well my first awkward moment starts with our Book of Mormon night. This guy comes every week and he is interesting. So S. Jacob and I are teaching and he raises his hand and asks, "So, is church a stumbling block in our lives?" Both of us just sat there. What??? So we started to answer, and he turns to the elders to make sure they approve of what we are saying. Ya know since sisters have no idea what they are talking about. So annoying. So after the elders answered the question, he raises his hand again and says, "so... did Satan have the Priesthood in the premortal life?" But this time he instantly turned to the elders because supposedly we don't know the answer. I guess you had to be there. So strange.

So we helped this lady do her laundry this past week because she had surgery, and we were asking her what she does to help her surgery feel better. She responds, "I use a heating pad." Then we of course ask, what do you use as a heating pad? "My dogs butt... It applies pressure and heat."...... Sister Jacob and I just sat there not knowing what to say. THe rest of the time the conversation was quite interesting. I would rather not repeat it.

I would go on, but I would like to tell the cool stuff that happened this week.

So on Sunday no investigators or less actives showed up to church that had said they would. I became a little frustrated and sad because we had worked so hard that past week. I just felt like the last week had been a waste because no one came. So I sat there in sacrament wondering what I did wrong and what I could have done better. I prayed that I would know why this happened and what I can do to do better. So we taught Young Womens and our lesson just happened to be on not getting frustrated or discouraged when you work hard because it weakens our faith and drives the spirit away. So of course the lesson was just for me. The Lord continues to bless me with answers to my prayers.

So then that night, we got a call from an unknown number and it was this guy we met street contacting and he wanted to meet with us so he can learn more about the Book of Mormon that he had started to read!!! Then, the next night we were street contacting and went a way we usually don't go and ran into a guy that needs what we have in his life. He can't wait to learn more.

Although these are such simple things, they were great answers to my prayers. After I had realized the lesson I was supposed to learn, the Lord blessed us with work to do. That is how my mission is, I am always learning and being blessed.

I love it out here so much! I hope you are all doing well!

Love,
Elizabeth
TAWANDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment