Monday, May 16, 2011

Good, good week

This past week was sure great!
We had exchanges so I headed down to Southbury for the day with Sister Carpenter. I have gone to Southbury many times for exchanges, I feel like I have served there! The last time we went there, we ate at a member's home (not the cleanest home I have ever been in) and after the meal, I got so sick that we had to stop at a Big Y so I could throw up. Embarrassing exchange right? I was fine though, because I thought I would never see them again....NOT! We are driving there, and Sister Carpenter says, "we are going to the M for dinner, I have never met them before." My stomach dropped. I didn't know what to do! It was the same family that fed us when I got terribly sick. So we go to their house and she answers the door and she had been sick the past week and forgot we were coming. So I said, "ya know, we don't want to bother you, especially when you are sick so don't worry about feeding us!" She said, "well that is silly, I am sure I have something in my fridge to feed you!" Oh yay... So she goes over to her fridge and pulls out a bowl and says, I QUOTE, "this is some potato concoction I made up a while ago. Not sure what is in it, I just threw a bunch of stuff together..." NOOOOOO!! So she gave it to us, and I tried to eat as much as I could but didn't get very far. It was not the prettiest thing I have ever seen. I prayed very hard that I wouldn't get sick... Luckily I didn't. I am glad to say that the southbury sisters are getting doubled out so I never have to go back there again.... yay!!
Besides the fun meal, the exchange was great. Sister Carpenter is a greenie, so we were able to go see some people that I knew and she didn't. Yes that just shows how often I have been there. It was fun to see people I remembered. One girl named A is married to a member and she was avoiding the missionaries. I had gone there last time but she was busy. So this time we were able to talk to her and she was very anti missionaries when we started talking to her but the spirit was strong in prompting me to share an analogy with her. So I did and she loved it. She totally warmed up to us and we talked with her for a half hour. She agreed to come to the musical fireside so that was great. I love leaving houses knowing the spirit was there leading me to do what He wants me to do.
So Friday was so great. we had a training on how we need to talk to everyone we come in contact with, so sister Jacob and I decided we would. We prayed before we went contacting, and had the faith that we would find people that wanted to hear the gospel. Within walking 5 minutes, we gave 2 copies of the Book of Mormon out with 2 appointments and the rest of the day was that same thing. I seriously didn't know what to do! EVERYONE we talked to was interested! I was almost in tears because I just could not believe it! I think Heavenly Father proved His point. We need to talk to everyone about the gospel! We were even walking back to our apartment to grab more copies of the Book of Mormon, and this guy was stopped in his car and I felt like that would be creepy to go to his car and start talking to him. Well what do you know, he rolls down his window and asks us for directions on how to get somewhere. Weird. So we talked to him about the gospel and it went great. It seriously was the coolest day!
To end with the awesomeness, we were walking on main street and this guy says, "what do you have?" so we start talking to him about the gospel this is the convo.
"I need that in my life."
us: Ok, well we would love to talk to you about the Book of Mormon.
Him: Ok can I have that so I can read it?
us: Sure! Could we teach you more about this book?
Him: Yes, I need Jesus in my life.
us: Ok, when would be a good time?
Him: Right now. Can you teach me right now?
us: Umm.. ya!

So we ended up teaching him right then and there about the restoration and he loved it! So he said he wanted to come to church and so we got his number and he wanted a ride. So he called us a half hour later making sure the number was right and if we were getting him a ride. Then he called us the next morning twice making sure there would be a ride for him. He was at church and loved it. His name is L and he is legit! It is so interesting how the Lord puts us where we need to be. We didn't even need to do anything! He just kept saying how much he needs Jesus in his life and he is excited to change and make his life better.
Last night was the Missionary Musical Fireside in the Hartford Stake so I was able to see the Goshen Ward! There is nothing better than seeing all of the people from that ward. It was so exciting, and I couldn't stop smiling! I imagine it will be like that when I go home. I got to see the T, P and S, the Z, and even A came! Seriously it was so great to see all of these wonderful people. I am so grateful to have come out here on my mission to have met all of them.
It was such a fun night.

I love you all so much and hope everything is great!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment