Monday, May 16, 2011

Yay for Easter!

We will start with Easter, since it was such a great day.
So S, our recent convert, came and she brought her fiance, B. He is very nice, and I think he liked church. At least I hope so. She said he would try it once and that was all. So we will see what he thought. The talks in sacrament were incredible. This new family talked on the Atonement and Resurrection and the dad just said the most interesting, amazing talk. I love it when that happens.
Since S has never had children, she is fascinated with the Primary. She is always coming up with ideas and wanting to help with the children. I think she will be put into Primary, and I am sure she will love every minute of it. She thought of an idea to put bunny footprints in the nursery room and eggs so the kids would think the easter bunny came. It was adorable. Then she told us she "had a revelation from our families". So we went out to her car and she gave us easter baskets with all of these cute treats inside. She said, "the card is from me, but the baskets are from your families!" She is the cutest lady. The rest of the ward gave us cute easter surprises as well, this ward treats me so well, I love it. Whatever missionary comes into the wards out here, they just treat like gold.
We went to a family's home that the mom reminds me exactly of Annelise. I loved it, she is wicked creative and I just loved hearing her talk because she reminded me so much of Annelise. Hahah I may have come off creepy. But it was such a fun easter dinner.
We met with B and K again and it went really well! He is so excited for his baptism, and she loves what we are teaching. I hope she wants to be baptized soon so they can go to the temple in a year! It is incredible to see this little family coming into the gospel. I just hope they continue this way so they can receive eternal blessings.
We were tracting a certain street this past week and I just felt like we needed to be somewhere else. So we decided to leave and visit a less active, but she wasn't home. So I still wasn't sure where we were supposed to be but I was confused on why I had the feeling to leave. So we started tracting this street by the less active's home and knocked on a door and this little girl told us to come in. So we walked in and there was a mom sitting there doing laundry. We started talking to her and she seemed interested. Then she found out we were Mormons. She said, "ya I know what ya'll believe. I watched Real World and there was a guy on there that was Mormon. I think I am good." Haha so I asked if his name was Chet, and she said yes. I told her he was my cousin and she felt so bad. Haha it was funny. But I told her how there are a lot of times where Mormons come off as bad but we wanted to explain the good and how she could be with her family for eternity. By that time her friend came out of her room and she said she wanted us to come back, so we are going over on Tuesday. They both said they were going to do research and have questions the next time we come over. I know I was lead to that house because by the end they were both so interested. I have been striving to be closer to the spirit this past week, and I was so blessed to feel the Holy Ghost constantly.
So in District Meeting on Thursday we talked the whole time on what to do if our investigators are praying about the Book of Mormon and they aren't getting an answer. So that night we went to teach a less active and his question was, "I am praying for an answer and I am not getting one about the Book of Mormon. I was prompted to tell him a story in the Book of Mormon and it reminded him of when he received an answer in 2008. Everything then clicked in his head and he understood so much more. It was one of the neatest lessons I have been in. So cool.
Love you all! Have a great week!!!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment