Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring is finally here!

Yes Spring is here, and I am so excited! It still rains wicked though which can be annoying.... But its Spring!!
This past week was interesting... Sad sad news, H dropped us, but still wants to be friends. Haha it sounds like he broke up with us or something. We were sad though, he had so much potential. I think he was influenced by his friends.
So all of our investigators pretty much dropped off the face of the planet. SO LAME!! So Friday at planning, we only planned for one investigator that was even sketchy. I was getting discouraged because everyone is gone!! So that night we went to teach this family, and in the middle of the lesson, the dad interrupts and says this, "I feel like I should say this. This morning I was praying to God and I was telling Him how I knew this church was true, I just don't know all of the answers. I asked for His help. I had forgotten that you two were coming over tonight, and now I am sitting here and see that God sent you two for my answers. Who knew it would be the Bobsy Twins that would answer my questions!"
It was so cool. It was a really neat experience, and I felt so humbled that the Lord would use us to help him.
We left that appointment, and looked at our phone and 2 of our investigators that we haven't been able to get in contact with had called. AHHH!! We were so excited. We met with B the next day with his wife and son. He has been investigating the church for 4 years and just decided he would be ok with meeting with sister missionaries. I think it was because his wife finally decided she wanted to find out more about the church and she wanted sisters. So we met with them, and we met at their friend's house who was a member. Let me tell you, that was the most distracting lesson I have ever been in. The 2 year old was crying, the dog was barking, everyone was talking every which way, but all that mattered was that he felt the spirit, and we asked him if he would be baptized, and he said yes. He is so excited about it and he is getting baptized may 7th! Their family came to church yesterday and she loved church, we are meeting with them this week. Very excited! Her name is K, which is funny that their names are B and K like our cousins.
It is interesting how the Lord tries my faith and patience and when I think all is lost, He always comes through. I need to be better at my trust in the Lord.
Hope everything is well back home! Love you all!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment