Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grumbles gonna get you...

Ya know, a lot of people have the grumbles out here and I don't think they realize it. But if you tell someone they have the grumbles, they either become happy, or they get even more mad. I learned that one the hard way.
We were out street contacting, and for some reason, it was just a grumbly day for people! Everyone was really mean, but we of course stayed happy. So after a while of this, a man walks up and says, "Can I have one of those cards you are handing out?" He had been sitting on a bench watching us and then he said, "How do you stay happy with how people treat you?" It was really interesting to me, because I noticed after that I had a huge smile on my face. It didn't bother me that people had the grumbles that day, because I enjoyed what I was doing. Because of what he saw, he was interested, and that was really neat for me to see. It also made me realize how important it is to always be happy, not just act happy, because we had no idea he was watching us from a bench. I didn't need to fake anything, I just was happy.
So Ian was baptized! He was so excited and all of his friends came to support him. He asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and it was such a neat experience to testify of how wonderful the Holy Ghost is. I love how the Lord works through me to say what someone needs to hear. I focused a lot on how the Holy Ghost comforts us so that we are never alone and so we can be lifted in times of trial. I also fcoused a lot on how we should never give up because we have the Holy Ghost at our side. That has been on my mind a lot lately. Just how we need to keep enduring and we cannot give up. Too much is at stake to just give up. With the Holy Ghost at our side, we should never give up. It was an interesting twist.
Everett and Bee had their baby blessed yesterday and they were so happy! They are progressing so well and things are great with them.
A lot of changes are happening with people we are teaching. We will see how this week goes.
Last week we went on a crazy hike in our area and it was fun!! That is what the pictures are. And it was sister allen's birthday, so we got to meet up with them and go to dinner. We are wicked close so it all worked out.
I love you all!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!




No comments:

Post a Comment