Sunday, November 6, 2011

One of those..

I can't decide if I should say it was one of those days, weeks, transfers, months; not quite sure. But we can go from there.
My companion decided to go home a transfer early. Hence, this past week was quite a rollercoaster of trying to get everything ready for her to leave this Friday. It is hard for me not to be able to fix things that I want to fix. I have been battling with the fact that people need a desire and that is something they need to decide on their own; I can't force people to have a desire to change. I have realized the importance of agency, because if we didn't have agency, there would be no point in being here. But how do we help people to gain that desire? I feel like I have not been able to accomplish this, and it has been difficult for me. Any thoughts?
Second, I got a speeding ticket. UGH. I could tell the whole story, but all in all I was in an area I didn't know for district meeting and didn't know what the speed limit was. And Mass cops are SO RUDE! I was convinced I was pulled over because the cop needed to hear about the gospel, so after he gave me the ticket, I said, "Can we give you a card for our website? We are missionaries and we teach people about Jesus Christ..." He didn't take it because of the "nature of his job." So then I thought I would ask him about his beliefs, and he said, "That is a really personal question." He had the grumbles, and they passed on to me. Oh well I guess, hopefully he will have a change of heart one day.
My new companion is Sister Takanoi, I don't know her, but she is from "a little Island in the middle of nowhere". That is what my comp told me. So next week will provide further details.
We had a chili cookoff and Sister Halverson and I were the judges! It was fun, and we had a great time. We carved pumpkins which was great. The storm kind of ruined everything though, everyone is still without power and no one can go to school. It was quite the storm.
The Lewis family fed us lobster and it tasted AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE that family. They are Utah fans, so they are great. I know mom will love the picture with all the lobster haha.
Nice job on the UTES! Sister Burt texted me with updates and I was very excited we won, I was feeling nervous for that game.
This last week was quite interesting, and we didn't get to do much teaching because of everything that went on. So this email is kind of depressing, I am sorry for that. But I do know that the gospel is true and I love sharing it with other people. Without being able to teach as much, I have missed testifying of what I know to be true. I Love this work and can't wait to get back out and share the gospel.
I love you all!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!






No comments:

Post a Comment