Sunday, November 6, 2011

When you are insane, you are the last one to know it.

I never realized someone could go crazy by sitting in an apartment for so long.... Now I know, because I did....
My companion was sick for 3 days this past week and all she did was sleep. I WENT INSANE! It was the most quiet I have ever been in my life, because I rarely talked to people. What a strange experience. Luckily I recovered, the fresh air was incredible.
Something very exciting happened yesterday! One of our investigators, Ann, has been having missionaries come over since May. She wanted to come to church, but hasn't been able to because she had foot surgery. Then she was putting it off because she kept getting sick. SO FINALLY yesterday she came to church!!!! I cannot even tell you how happy I was! We have been teaching her for so long and she finally got to come! It was the primary program and she just loved all of the kids. In Sunday School, we were talking about marriage and the roles of parents and she isn't married, and has been divorced for a while, so I was worried what she would think. So I asked her after what she had thought of church, and she said, "I LOVED it!! I feel at home here and it just feels so good to be here." I was so happy! My smile was huge! It was just incredible. It is amazing how the spirit works and touches people's hearts who are ready to receive it. She wants to come back next week. I can't wait, and am so grateful she enjoyed it.
We had another investigator come and she didn't like it because the kids were too distracting. She says our church isn't for her and wants all the kids to leave. Haha well if ya hate kids, this definitely is not the place you will want to be. Oh well I guess.
We taught Nicole and Paul this past week, and the spirit was strong! Nicole is searching for her testimony, she was baptized a year ago and is having a hard time. She has been asking a lot of questions and loved having us over to teach her again. I asked her if I could hear her conversion story, and she typed it up and was so excited to give it to me. I am excited because they both are progressing and gaining thier own testimonies. They are becoming truly converted.
I love this work and I am so grateful for it! There is nothing greater than bringing souls unto Christ. Have a wonderful week!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment