Sunday, November 6, 2011

Salem Witch Trials!

Well, lucky me, I got to go to Salem, Massachusetts and see the city around Halloween time. It was so cool!!!! Some of it even had Harry Potter themes and there was a store dedicated to Harry Potter!! I bought some Floo powder so I can come home for a little bit and come back. I felt like I was in Diagon Alley, because that is what it looked like! It was an experience to remember, let me tell you! There were witches everywhere, and people dressed up, so it was very fitting for the season. Our District made shirts to wear to Salem, so we looked pretty legit. So yes, I have experienced Salem around Halloweentime and it was EPIC!
We had interviews this past week, and as I went in and sat down, President Evans said, "Now before I forget, missionaries keep asking about a video you made last year at Christmas for the mission. I was wondering if you would make another video of the mission this year! Would you mind doing that?" Well, if you have to twist my arm... YES!!! I am so excited!! I can't wait to make another video. Definitely awesome to be here for 2 Christmas seasons. Its gonna be good!
So I remember back when we went to Boston for the 4th of July, we met the RS president in the Worcester ward, and she had said she was from Thailand. So I was sitting there this past week, and that thought came into my head, and I realized how perfect it would be if she came to our lesson with Bee! So I got her number and called her and she had just been thinking of ideas of how she can serve more in the church. Pretty cool. So she came with us to our lesson with Bee and was able to share her testimony and what we were teaching in Thai so that Bee could understand the gospel better. It went so well! Bee loved her and really loved what she had to say. Bee and Everett just happened to buy an apartment in Worcester earlier that day, so they will be moving into this ward. I am sad that we won't be teaching them anymore, but it is perfect for Bee to be in this ward where she can talk to someone in Thai. It was so perfect and such a blessing!
One night, after a dinner appointment, I had an impression to go visit an investigator that we hadn't been able to get a hold of for a while. It was totally out of our way, and if she wasn't home, it would waste time and miles so I was hesitant on going. And it was late, so I was worried to bother her husband as well. But, I received the prompting again, and after waiting for too long, I decided we would go. We drove past the house, and all the lights were off, and I felt ashamed that we had waited too long and the opportunity was now gone. We sat there for a minute, and suddenly, the light in the house went on. SO, I didn't hesitate, and I said, "LETS GO!!" I got out of the car and quickly walked up to the door. We knocked and she answered, and she was not too excited to see us. In fact, I think she was mad that we were there, but she let us in any way. SO we sat down, and she wanted to know why we were there. Ha, so I just said we wanted to see how she was doing. After a while of talking, it all came out. She said she has been feeling so sad and unhappy and doesn't feel there is a purpose to life. So I felt impressed to talk to her about God's love for her individually and how important prayer is. Tears came to her eyes, and she said, "I should pray shouldn't I?" It was a breaking point where she realized she needs Jesus Christ in her life, because otherwise she has nothing. It was an incredible experience for me. The Lord has truly blessed me, and I am so grateful for it.
I love you all, have a great week!!
Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!







No comments:

Post a Comment