Monday, January 30, 2012

11.11.11.11.11.11.11







Familia...
11.11.11 was such a cool day. I hope everyone did something epic, because it was so legit. That day will never happen ever again! Craziness. Well, my day was epic. We had a zone conference down in Hartford, and once again it felt like going home. Its always crazy going to old areas. Too bad I couldn't see any of the members down there, but it was still exciting.
One of our investigators, Ann, had a birthday on 11.11.11 so we of course took her cupcakes and had a birthday bash. We felt prompted to ask her to be baptized again, but I felt nervous about it. We had asked her a while ago, and she said she wouldn't ever be baptized because she doesn't believe in prophets and has already been baptized. Since then she came to church and loved it. So we decided to try again. Sister Takanoi asked her and she avoided the question. So I asked her,
Me: Ann, do you believe the Book of Mormon is true?
Ann: Yes I do.
Me: I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that in order to translate them, Joseph Smith had to have the power from God. Do you believe he was called of God to translate the Book of Mormon?
Ann: Well... yes.
Me: I know that he did.
I went on to share my testimony with her and she agreed with me. Sister Takanoi asked again, and she said she wasn't ready YET. But that when she was, she wanted to be baptized. She said she told her daughter she found the church she wanted to be a part of and it was ours.
It is so interesting how excited I got over this. I guess because we have been working with her for so long and I have been able to see her heart change. Also because we have been so slow lately, so any progress is so exciting. I was so grateful because I know I was led by the spirit to know what to say. It was wonderful and I am so grateful for it.
One night our appointment cancelled, and I felt prompted to go see a referral that we haven't been able to get a hold of for about a month now. So we went to her house, and she was there. I couldn't believe it! She was even amazed that we found her home because she has been so busy. We gave her the Bible and Book of Mormon she requested and she said, "Well, so... How do I learn more?" Needless to say we taught her right then and she is so eager to learn about Jesus Christ. She wants Him in her life and wants to know what her purpose is. We have been so blessed this past week.
Cramer and Virginia came from Boston and took us to lunch and it was a blast! It was so great to see them. I think they know more about the family than I do. They kept telling me things that I had no idea about. That was funny. It is interesting how I haven't seen them in so long, but there was so much to talk about. It was so great.
I hope you are all doing so well and I love you!
Love, Sister Cannon
TAWANDA!!
p.s. I have taught missionaries "The Grumbles". That is the sad face picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment