Monday, January 30, 2012

Comedy+Tragedy + Time




Well, I am reminded of what President Pehrson used to always tell me,

"All good things come to an end, Sister Cannon."

That never makes me feel good in any way.... Ha. But the awesome thing to know, is that although something good is ending, something good is going to be starting.

We had transfer texts, and Sister Takanoi is getting transferred and I am staying here in Oxford. I am sad she is leaving, because she is hilarous, and a hard worker. Nothing better. We have had a blast together, and I have learned so much from her. I have been extremely blessed to have her in my life. People in the ward say that she has to keep moving around to bless as many people as possible. So true. I am grateful for her in so many ways. What a fun, incredible transfer.

I will also be training, and the new training program lasts for 12 weeks. So for my last 12 weeks, I will be with my new companion here in Oxford. I am excited and a bit nervous. Here comes another adventure.

To say we have been extremely blessed in the past week and a half is a huge understatement. The blessings that have been poured upon us are incredible. But they have all come through some trials beforehand. Last week, Angela came to us and said that her brother wasn't talking to her because we were meeting with her. Then he told her all of these things about the church that weren't true and she came to our lesson so confused. It was interesting to talk to her about having that firm foundation and that if we have that, nothing can get in our way. When she left our lesson, she felt so confident in the things she felt and knew that nothing would stop her from doing what is right. We helped her realize the answers she has received from the Holy Ghost and the blessings she has received. Satan is trying hard with her to not be baptized. This related to everyone's lives in general so much. We have to have that firm foundation so that when satan does tempt us, we won't be moved by it. We know the testimony we have, and we know what is true. We must have that foundation, or we can't stand.

For the past couple months, we have stopped by a former investigator's home every so often and every time she was busy. About a month ago, we stopped by, and she made it clear it was a bad time and didn't want us to come back. The other day we received a call from the Bishop's wife saying that they had received a call from a lady named Jennifer saying she wanted the missionaries to come back and see her. I knew exactly who it was. We called, set up an appointment, and headed over. She went on to tell us that she had been putting God on the backburner for too long, and had realized that is why she was so unhappy in her life. She wants happiness and God told her to call us and bring the gospel in her life. We set a date for her to be baptized on January 1. I cannot even tell you the happiness and light I saw in her eyes after we left from when I had seen her before. That is what the gospel does. It is incredible.

We have been working with Karen who has been less active for years. She has slowly been coming back to church and on Sunday, she was asked to say the prayer in Relief Society. The prayer she said was so wonderful. She talked about how grateful she was to be coming back to church and that the missionaries came back into her life. It is moments like that that I am so grateful for.

We had our ward Christmas party and it was called "PIcture a Christmas". Part of the night each family was able to get their family picture done, and they asked me and another lady in the ward to take the pictures. It was a blast! They turned out really cute and I had so much fun taking pictures. The picture attached is Sister Takanoi and my family picture... ha ha.

We give service at a food pantry, and we were featured in the newspaper. Fun! Check it out.

http://www.thedailynorthbridge.com/neighbors/share-meal-peace-bread-northbridge

http://www.thedailynorthbridge.com/gallery/wednesday-supper-peace-bread

I love you all!
Love, Sister Cannon
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment