Monday, January 30, 2012




My companion has this thing where she asks these random questions that
make me laugh. I would like to share them with you.

If she hears someone in our ward that has the same last name as
someone famous, she asks if they are related... For example...

"Are the Trueman's related to President Trueman?"

me: "Who is that?"

"The man who was President of the United States."

me: "Oh... right... how do you know who he is? No, he is from England,
they aren't related."

How is it that she, who grew up on an island in the middle of nowhere,
knows who he is?

This one is what was hilarious.... We were listening to Natalie Cole
with MOTAB and she said,

Sister Takanoi: "Are Nat King and Natalie Cole related to the Coles in
our ward?"

The Coles in our ward are white. I told her that he was the Cole's
uncle. Then I decided to tell her the truth after I was laughing so
hard.

ANYWAY...
This past week was great. I cannot believe it is December. For our
Christmas present, all of the missionaries got to go to the temple.
Our day was Wednesday. I loved it. It was the second time I have
been since I have been out here and it is incredible how much more it
means to me. I love it and am so grateful I was able to go.

Angela is doing so well. We taught her the commandments and every
single one she accepted right away even though they require
sacrifices. She gets it. She understands how important it is to keep
the commandments. She also realizes that she will be blessed for her
sacrifices.

Ron's nephew passed away this past week and that has been hard on him.
It is interesting that we were planning on teaching him about the
Plan of Salvation. The Lord's timing is perfect. He knows what Ron
needs when he needs it. We are meeting with him this week.

We went to Sister Lewis' this morning and she was doing a woman's hair
in her studio. I of course ask where she is from... This is our
conversation...

me: Are you from Mass originally?

her: No, I am actually from Sandy, UT.

me: No way, me too!

her: What stake were you in?

me: Willowcreek Stake. You?

her: Me too!

me: What? What ward were you in?

her: Sixth ward.

me: Oh I was in first ward.

Turns out she lives on Treasure Mountain Drive. I could walk there.
Her name is Amy Easton and her parents are Mike and Nancy. What a
small world. I thought that was so cool!

Have a wonderful week!

Love, Elizabeth
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment