Friday, February 24, 2012

As Sisters in Zion :-)

When I found out my new companion was from the U.S., I was sad to think that she wouldn't randomly spazz out at all of the different things here in America like Sister Takanoi would. Well, I was definitely wrong. The other day, we were leaving a member's home and it was freezing outside. We were running on the grass to get to the car, and she starts yelling, "THE GRASS IS CRUNCHY!!! OH MY THE GRASS IS CRUNCHY!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I forget that she has never been in the cold before and the grass doesn't freeze in Arizona. That was funny to witness.
We were incredibly blessed this past week. Angela was baptized on Sunday! It was a perfect way to start out the new year. She was so happy and everything ran perfectly..... except for the heater in the water. Ya, it didn't warm up for quite some time, so the water was freezing. It reminded me of my baptism when the water heater was broken.... I hated it.... Luckily Angela was still happy and loved the entire day. Sister Takanoi was able to come back for the baptism!!!!! Everyone was so excited to see her, especially me. I have missed her so much. One of the first phrases she learned in the English language was "Punch you!" Ha so she came in and yelled "PUNCH YOU!!" So funny. She is awesome.
We taught Ann this past week, and she was talking about her 2 children that passed away when they were younger. We then went into the Plan of Salvation, and how she can see her children again. It was an incredible lesson filled with the Spirit. Tears came to her eyes as she said, "I want to go to the Sun", (The Celestial Kingdom). We then asked her to be baptized, and she said yes. She is getting baptized on February 26th!! How great is that!? We are excited and so is she. The blessings just continue to flow in this area.
I love you all!! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Cannon
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment