Friday, February 24, 2012

New England Winters...



Wow, of course we have another incredible week full of complete miracles. Seriously, day after day just gets better. I love it out here, and I think we are receiving so many blessings because Sister Williams needs to experience it all in her first little while. I remember it was this same way when I trained Sister Allen. No room to complain, things are absolutely incredible.
I had quite the surprising morning! I received a call telling me that I am going to be getting another greenie and going to be training my last transfer. This means I will be training a new sister and Sister Williams. This is going to be tricky because I have to train both of them on two separate things. Then, once I leave, Sister Williams will finish training this new missionary on her last 6 weeks of training. We will see how this works out. It was quite the shocker! I had no idea this would happen, but it will be fun and interesting all at the same time. We will see what she is like. I am just grateful that I get to stay here in Oxford for my last transfer and Sister Williams gets to stay.
Well, very exciting news, Jennifer was baptized!! It was such a wonderful day, and this week was incredibly spiritual for her. Every day she would text us with a count down of days until she was baptized. She loves the gospel so much, and the gospel will bless her life as well as her son's.
There is a family in the ward that kind of adopted their son's friend into their family. He has been coming to church and had been taught before by missionaries, but lost interest. Last week, he came to us and said he wanted to be taught the lessons again. We went over this past week to teach him, and felt prompted to teach him about the gospel of Jesus Christ. So we did, and by the end of the lesson, we asked him to be baptized and he responded with a quick YES!! It was awesome! He just has to have his legal guardian sign for him and he can get baptized! He stayed for the baptism yesterday and had his whole program planned by the end for his own baptism. He is very excited.
We have had so many more teaching opportunities, and it is wonderful to see how Heavenly Father prepares these people to come closer to Christ.
Have a wonderful week!! I love you!
Love, Sister Cannon
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment