Friday, February 24, 2012

Oh Weird







Well, we had transfers on Thursday, and all of the trainers and new missionaries all go into a room. Everyone stands up, introduces themselves and tells something they love to do. So a Sister stands up and says she loves to run, and the Sisters on either side of me lean over and say, "You are totally going to get the runner." I sure hoped so! Sure enough, I got the runner, and she is adorable.
On the drive home, I of course ask her all of the questions that need to be asked and start with, "So... Where did you go to college?" We need to find out right off if she bleeds red. She then said the most beautiful words..."I went to University of Utah! I am a Utes fan!" WHAT?!?! Woo woo!! Turns out, we are the same age and went to the U. So then I asked her what she did for the social aspect in school and she responds with..."Well, I was actually in a sorority at the U." WHAT!!!!!!!:???????!?!?!?!?!?!? I am sure you can all imagine that I freaked. I was so excited!! Turns out she was in my same pledge class but was an Alpha Chi. She is adorable. We know all of the same people, and were at all of the same things, just never knew each other by name. How funny is that? Its so cool to see how inspired President Evans is. She is just like me in so many ways and has the same thoughts that I did when I first got out here. It has been so fun! We are twins on literally everything. This last transfer is going to rock.
We were able to go to Boston with some other missionaries and it was a blast! I love Boston, it is always so fun going up there.
This past week was a bit crazy, but it went well. Jennifer and Angela are doing so well! We set a date for March 4th with Juan to get baptized because there are so many other things going on until then with him and his family. But he is more excited than ever and cannot wait to be baptized. He is always the first one ready every Sunday and loves reading, praying and going to church. We are so blessed with these people who want the gospel!!
A member called us and said that she waas helping her daughter move into a new home and her friend was there helping her move. He was talking to her about how he had just made huge changes in his life and wanted to come closer to Christ. She bore testimony of our church and the prophet we have on the earth today and he felt the Spirit so strongly. So of course he wanted to meet with us and know what we have that is different. So we met wtih him, and the lesson was incredible. Heavenly Father prepares people so perfectly to hear about the gospel, I love it.
Have a wonderful week!!
Love, Sister Cannon
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment