Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!








I can't decide that the amount of fun that my companions and I are having is a good or a bad thing. We are working hard, so I am going to go with a good thing. I am having so much fun with them right now, and we are constantly teaching, so I am doing pretty well. What a great time to be serving a mission. We have been incredibly blessed, as usual, and I just love it here.
This past week was exciting!! I received a call from my zone leaders asking if we wanted to do exchanges with the Manchester Sisters. OF COURSE!!!!! I was blessed to be able to go back to my old area and serve there for a day! I can't even tell you how excited I was to be able to see all of the wonderful people in my last area. I didn't tell anyone I was coming, so everyone we went and saw were so shocked/surprised/excited to see me! I think I was more excited to see all of them. It was neat to go back and see how everyone that I taught is doing. Gordon is doing incredibly well, as I knew he would be. We went to Brenda's home, a less active we were working with, and she about had a heart attack when she saw me. That was very fun. The lesson was on something we had taught her a year ago, and she said I had taught her something last year that meant so much and stuck with her, and here we are a year later talking about that same thing. It was cool. We talked about the temple being announced (The Connecticut Temple will be built in Farmington!!!!!!) and I told her she needed to be there and that is where Heavenly Father wanted her to be. She knew that and said she was going to come back to church!!!! She finally committed to come back! It was neat, and I loved seeing her again.
That morning, we were leaving for appointments, and we were running a few minutes late. As we were pulling away, I saw the mail truck drive into the parking lot!!!! I jumped out of the car to see good ol' Troy, my mailman!! Here is our conversation...
Me: TROY!
Troy: Sister Cannon, what are you doing here?
Me: I am on exchanges for the day. You have missed all of my crazy packages haven't you?
T: Ya, they don't get ones like you used to get.
Me: Have you read that book we gave you?
T: No, but it is sitting right here in my truck! My friend took my truck one day to deliver the mail, and he said, "I read your book on my break, it was good!" So I am letting other people read it!
Me: That is good, but you need to read it!
T: I know, I know, I will.
Me: Well how are you doing?
T: Pretty good. My 15 year old is being rebellious and I don't know what to do.
Me: Well in that book it starts with a father and his sons are very rebellious, they even try to kill their brother! But it talks about what we can do to raise our children.
T: What chapter is that in?
Me: Its in the beginning, so just read it and you will find it!
T: Ok I will!
It pays off to be nice to your mailmen. I always told him that he was most loved by missionaries because he brought happiness when he brings us letters. So be nice to your mailmen!! I love how the timing was perfect, because if we would have left any earlier, we would have missed him!
As we were leaving Manchester, I told Sister Caldwell that she needed to go see this lady named Sandy that we had found street contacting, because I felt that they needed to see her. The next day, she texted us and said they went to Sandy's home, taught her a first lesson, and had a return appointment! They said she is very interested. I love seeing how Heavenly Father plans everything just perfectly. I was blessed this past week, that is for sure.
We got to go to Boston yesterday and it was a blast!! We met up with Virginia Willliams and went to lunch and shopped. I just love the city. I don't think I have served there because I would have too much fun looking at all of the clothes in windows rather than talking to people. We went early and watched the sunrise on the coast!! It was a morning to remember.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!!
Love, Sister Cannon
TAWANDA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment